Festival Antigonish Foundation
The creation of the Festival Antigonish Foundation in 2007 opened another remarkable chapter in our theatre company’s twenty-five year success story. Generous donations from longstanding supporters established an endowment fund which now stands at close to a million dollars.
What would a million dollar fund mean to Festival Antigonish?
The first thing to be clear about is that the million dollars would not belong to the theatre. The endowment fund is held in trust by the Foundation, an independent not-for-profit organization, which manages the fund, invests the money, and disburses the interest it earns to the theatre. To date, and in spite of very unstable economic conditions, the Foundation’s Investment Committee has achieved an average annual return of 5%.
So, a million dollar fund means fifty thousand dollars a year for the theatre, from a reliable source; to enhance its productions, to boost marketing, and to keep ticket prices affordable.
Can you help us achieve these goals?
Thanks to an anonymous donor we can double the amount of donations which take us up to our million dollar target. Please give us a call at (902)867-3938 to find out how we can double your money and put Festival Antigonish on a firm foundation for the next twenty-five years.
2013 Board of Directors
• Chair: Brian MacLeod, CEO, MacLeod Group
• Vice-Chair: Harley MacCaull President, A.A. Munro Insurance
• Treasurer: H. Ramsay Duff, V.P. Finance & Operations, St. Francis Xavier University
• Secretary: Tina Dickieson, Theatre Manager, Festival Antigonish
• Steve Smith: Chairman & CEO, Central Home Improvement
• John W. Chisholm, CEO, Nova Construction
• Frank Sobey, Chairman, Crombie REIT
• Denise MacDonell, Chair, Festival Antigonish
• Ed Thomason, Artistic Producer, Festival Antigonish
• John Hamilton, Ophthalmologist, St. Martha’s Hospital
• Eric Atkinson, Partner, MacIntosh MacDonnell & MacDonald
• Shannon Stephenson, Owner/Operator, High-Crest Enterprises Ltd.
We gratefully acknowledge the generosity of our donors:
• John & Anne Chisholm
• Margaret & David Fountain
• Minoli Amit & John Hamilton
• Harley & Wendy MacCaull
• Brian & Irene Macleod
• Steve & Kathy Smith
• Frank & Debbi Sobey
Gold $25,000- $49,999
• The Sobey Foundation
• Shannon & Jacqueline Stephenson
Silver $10,000- $24,999
• Sisters of St. Martha of Antigonish
• Aida Arnold & David Miller
• Carol Hansen MacDonald & Grace Hansen
• Clearwater Seafoods
Bronze $5,000- $9,999
• Marc & Clare Champoux
• Congregation of Notre Dame
• Cathy Walsh & Ramsay Duff
• Eric Atkinson & Clare Fawcett
• David & Joan Wallace
• Leo & Margaret Gallant
• Dr. Chiasson & Barbara MacGregor
• Bruce & Sue MacIntosh
• Firinn Investments